We are a group of talented and dynamic Read more [...]
Network Category: UK networks
Women and Girls Network (WGN) is a free, women-only service that supports women in London who have experienced violence, or are at risk of violence.
We offer counselling, advocacy and advice for women and girls who have experienced gendered violence, including sexual and domestic violence. Our overall aim is to promote, preserve and restore the mental health and well-being of women and girls, to empower them to make a total and sustainable recovery from their experiences of violence.
Women and Girls Network (WGN) was established in 1987, and has spent over 28 years supporting women and girls across London affected by gendered violence. This includes: childhood sexual abuse, domestic violence, rape, prostitution (including trafficking and sexual exploitation), female genital mutilation (FGM), and so-called ‘honour’ based crimes such as forced marriage. WGN is a free, women-only service providing a holistic response to women and girls who have experienced, or are at risk of, gendered violence.
Our services include:
- specialist counselling services, offering one to one sessions with a female counsellor
- specialist sexual violence helpline
- advice service, including an advice line with trained advisors
- young women’s advocacy service (YWAP) and workshops
- ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advocate) service
- workshops on self-esteem and confidence building
- therapeutic groupwork
- body therapies, such as shiatsu and aromatherapy massage
- accredited training programmes for frontline practitioners