WE are pushing for equal representation in Read more [...]
Network Category: Business Networks
The Federation has voluntary membership and leadership, is non-partisan, does not discriminate on the basis of background or beliefs, and respects human rights. Its procedures are democratic, transparent and inclusive of all members. Its decision-making bodies are accountable to the members. Funds are carefully managed to promote and achieve its aims.
To unite business and professional women in all parts of the world to work for women’s:
- economic independence
- equal opportunity and representation in economic, civil and political life
To encourage and support women and girls to:
- develop their professional and leadership potential
- undertake lifelong education and training
- use their abilities for the benefit of others, locally, nationally and internationally
To advocate for:
- the elimination of all discrimination against women
- human rights and the use of gender-sensitive perspectives
- world-wide networking and co-operation between business and professional women
- non-profit projects that help women gain economic independence
- to present the views of business and professional women to international organisations, agencies, business and other major group
The Federation is affiliated directly with BPW International (previously known as the International Federation of Business and Professional Women).
Membership of the Federation is open to women who subscribe to the aims of BPW International. At least 75% of members joining are actively engaged in business or the professions.